The Small Ceramics and Clay Workshop is approx. 15 m2 fitted for smaller ceramic projects.
At the beginning of a residency, the workshop will be fitted with loose furnishings such as worktables, chairs, lighting etc. according to your needs.
Additional tools may conveniently be made in the woodshop or metal workshop by arrangement with the workshop consultants. Generally we recommend that you bring your own tools, with which you are familiar.
The oven may only be used by agreement with the workshop consultant. All materials used must be paid for.
The workshop facilities include:
- Large kiln (depth 170 cm, width 100 cm, height 100 cm). The entire bottom of the kiln can be pulled out on wheels to make it possible to fill it from all sides. There are two bottoms for the kiln, making it possible to fill up one, while the kiln is burning the other load. Max temperature is 1280 degrees Celcius. The kiln was acquired for the workshop in 2011.
- 2 test kilns
- Vacuum mixer, with detachable profiles for extruder.
- Kneading machine which might be used for mixing paper with plastic clay or mixing clay from dry matter – max 30 kg.
- Table and floor modelling stands
- Mixer for casting loam
- Space for working with dry matter. With electronic scales and dust exhaust.
- Plate rollers and electric turntable
- Spraying cabin, suitable even for very large items.