The workshop is approx. 233 m2, and is suitable for graphic work involving large formats. This is where you can work with photogravure techniques, photopolymerisation, lithography and woodcuts.
The premises are also suitable for educational workshop sessions, and may profitably be used by several graphic artists working on joint projects. Ideally two people will be working with photogravure and one with lithography – that way each artist will have a press at his or her disposal.
Access: double doors, freight lift (height 2 m, width 1.2 m, depth 2.4 m, 2.9 m diagonally)
The facilities include:
- Intaglio press, electric – 105 x 200 cm. Plate format/paper format 100 x 160 cm.
- Intaglio press, manual – 90 x 160 cm. Plate format/paper format 90 x 110 cm.
- Plate shear, compressed air – 100 cm, maximum thickness max 1.5 mm metal only
- Air brush equipment.
- Light table – 100 x 130 cm.
- Engraving tools, compressed air.
- Aquatint cupboard, electric – plate format: 90 x 125 cm.S
- Maximum plate format 90 x 125 cm. All etching is with ferric chloride only.
- Photo – polymer – gravure
- Vacuum frame 150 x 150 cm. UV light.
- Enlarger for negative/positive film.
- Light table, sinks etc. for developing polymeric plate/film.
- Electric litho press – 100 x 200 cm.
- A large number of lithographic stones up to 70 x 100 cm.
- Electric stone polisher.
- The presses can be adjusted for relief printing.