MALT AIR is a collaboration between Maltfabrikken, Kunsthal Aarhus and the Danish Art Workshops, and the program is supported by the Danish Arts Foundation. The three institutions have collaborated to create a high-quality residency for professional international artists with attractive living and working facilities, and promoting development of a broad network within the Danish art scene.
The aim of MALT AIR is to help support and develop artists’ practice and research, and to encourage an exchange between Danish and international visual artists.
The program offers four-month residencies for two artists at a time. Each residency program will be individually tailored in a professional artistic manner and involve network-creating activities.
THE PROGRAM INCLUDES:
• An individually tailored program to support artistic research and practice as well as help to connect to a relevant network within the contemporary visual art scene in Denmark.
• A peer program. The resident will be matched with a member of our peer group and will receive individual professional feedback twice during the stay.
• Introduction to Maltfabrikken, the Danish Art Workshops and Kunsthal Aarhus, with visits to these institutions.
• Introduction to the art community in Aarhus and Copenhagen.
• Artist talk at Kunsthal Aarhus.
• Open Studio event at Maltfabrikken.
• Curatorial feedback with key persons from Kunsthal Aarhus.
• Production discussion with representative from the Danish Art Workshops.
• Individually tailored activities, fx weekly study tours, lectures, exhibition visits, meetings with members of the local art community, teaching, seminars, art dinners etc.